Hildebrand Project at ACPA Houston
The Hildebrand Project invites graduate students to submit an essay on any theme in the work of personalists Dietrich von Hildebrand, Max Scheler, or Edith Stein, to be presented at a satellite session of the 2023 American Catholic Philosophical Association annual meeting in Houston (November 16-19). This contest is open to all current MA and PhD students, as well as anyone who has earned an MA but not a PhD in philosophy, theology, Catholic studies, and similar fields.
The Hildebrand Project satellite session of the ACPA meeting in Houston, TX.
Deadline to Apply
July 1, 2023
- Essays should be prepared for blind review and e-mailed to Dr. Mark Spencer at email@example.com.
- Essays should be approximately 20 minutes of reading time.
- Essays will be judged by a committee of senior personalist scholars.
- Essays must be submitted by July 1, 2023.
Up to Three Winners Will be Selected
- Winners will be awarded $600 to cover travel, lodging, and other expenses to attend the 2023 ACPA.
- Winners will present their papers at the Hildebrand Project’s 2023 ACPA satellite session and responses will be given by senior personalist scholars.
- For questions or more information, please email the Hildebrand Project at (firstname.lastname@example.org)or Dr. Mark Spencer (email@example.com)
The flyer for this event can be downloaded here (PDF).